Christmas on The Hill

December 5th, 2010 lanepo14

I apologize greatly for having not written in here for awhile. I had a lovely Thanksgiving with- count it- FOUR Thanksgiving dinners and I got a lot of Christmas shopping done on Black Friday. Now that I am back at school, I have been busier than ever. I really feel like Thanksgiving Break has teased me. I got to go home, see my family, relax for a bit, and now I have to go back to the numerous amount of work, studying, and test taking? YUCK! On the bright side-count it- TWENTY DAYS until Christmas and for me (since I leave on the 19th versus the 18th like everyone else) FOURTEEN DAYS until Christmas break! I AM SO EXCITED. I am will be done with first semester work, finals, and I can go home for a relaxing month filled with Christmas spirit, Mad Men Season 4 with the boyfriend, and actual snow.

This sounds like a crazy, but  I miss snow. This will sound even more crazy, but there is NO snow at Holy Cross right now (?!?!?). Really? It’s thirty degree weather and not a single snow flurry- utter disappointment. At least I’ll be going to sweet home Chicago where there has already been a good snowstorm rounded up and packing snow for the perfect snowman.

Now Holy Cross isn’t that gloomy. My roommate and I have sufficiently fulfilled the deprived Christmas spirit since there hasn’t been any snow.

Our Mini christmas tree with ornaments present and our stuffed animals.

Gift wrapped bulleting board with the usual pictures, wreath, and stockings

Close up of our stockings

Jelly decorations for our windows and lights around the room

A gift wrapped door

CHRISTMAS LIGHTS

LIGHTS!

AND MORE LIGHTS! (plus roomie)

The #1 time kill- 3D snowflakes

A smaller snowflake

I would show more of our embarrassing love for Christmas and spirit but it’s a little too much for my own deal camera to handle. For the time being I will describe it. We have gift wrap on our bulletin, garland on our lamp, tv, mirror, and parts of our wall…. evergreen pine reed diffusers…. it gets pretty ridiculous from here.

Now I’m sort of busy because the post Thanksgiving rush is starting so my posts will be less frequent, but I promise that will be a COMPLETELY different story for Christmas break. 😀

Sincerely,

Too Busy