Merry Little Christmas

December 25th, 2010 lanepo14

Merry Christmas everyone! My Christmas was crazy to say the least. Christmas eve, I went to the gym and then I had to run errands picking up last minute ingredients at the grocery store. My mom and grandma prepared the main food- beef, turkey, and some filipino dishes. My brother and I were taking care of desserts. My brother was preparing fruit caviar, fancy taffy apple, and 4 different flavors of ice cream- chocolate, lemon lime, cucumber lime, and lactose free pear flavor. I prepared these AWESOME red velvet cupcakes with home made cream cheese frosting topped with pecans and strawberries. It was delicious.

Turkey, beef, cranberry sauce, gravy, and pansit (filipino noodle dish).

My boyfriend, John, devouring the food.

Red Velvelt cupcakes with cream cheese frosting topped with pecans and strawberries. MmmMM!

Filipino dessert called "puto". It's a rice cake dessert.

My dad's famous fruit punch. Gingerale, sprite, hawaiian punch, and sorbert ice cream!

Fancy taffy apples in the process.

Cucumber lime ice cream.

Lactose free pear ice cream

taffy apples!

glazed nut mix/ cracker.

Now after the food is made and everyone has eaten. The worst part about having the Christmas festivities on Christmas eve is waiting for the Christmas presents. That is by far THE worst part. Normally, I just want to fall asleep after having the turkey dinner, but I know I have to entertain my little cousins- Addie and Ian. Here are a few things we thought up.

1. Photo shoot in front of the Christmas tree.

My boyfriend, John, and I in front of my christmas tree.

2. 3-D snow flakes

Me in the process of making 3-D snowflakes to kill time and entertain my little cousins.

3. Play “let’s kill the duck” … which failed miserably because that’s my duck and I didn’t want his head torn off.

My cousin Ian trying to rip the duck's head off.

4. Eventually this is the point where the pictures stop because I am being chased around by Ian AND by my boyfriend who decide that the best time kill is throwing paper airplanes, pillows, paper balls at me. My cousin, Addie, and I have to defend ourselves (of course) and this giant pillow fight occurs in my living room. Then, we decided to play Mario Kart on my brother’s new Wii. I will openly admit that I am horrible at video games so that even my little cousins can beat me, but that’s okay because at least I know how to drive in real life. 😀

Again, I have no pictures because my camera died, but we eventually opened presents. John loved the 2 sweaters I got him. My mom loved her North face (she never owned a north face prior than that gift) and the herbal tea/ tea timer I gave her. My dad liked his sweaters. My brother liked his Clint Eastwood dvd’s, and I got a new watch and socks from my parents. My boyfriend also got me this photo album with all of our pictures together. It’s really sweet and there are a few empty pages that we intend on filling up. 😀 My grandmas loved their Holy Cross mugs. My cousin Addie loved her 98 eye shadow shades that I got her. My little cousin Ian liked his 2 scooby doo dvds which he used all Christmas morning.

Christmas eve at my place was a complete success. I can not say that it wasn’t exhausting, but I will confess that there’s nothing more enjoyable than giving gifts and seeing the reactions from my family’s faces. Merry Christmas, everyone and best wishes to your family in hopes of having just that merry Christmas.