Work and Habachi

January 19th, 2011 lanepo14

Now it might seem like all through out break the only thing I do is hang out with friends. That is not necessarily true. My brother attends Dartmouth and because they have trimesters, he returns on the 2nd of January which is also a day before his birthday. I wish I could hang out more with him but our breaks don’t overlap as cleanly as we would like. However, I’m still at home with my parents who currently going through a moving process.

Both my parents are physicians and have owned their own private business in this old building in my hometown for a good 20 years. Now they are currently with St. James Hospital and have their own office connected to the new hospital and their own private office in another town. This basically means 2 doctors, 2 office, and both of them work at both places. It’s pretty crazy. Because I’m trapped at home and they needed help I’ve been working for them. It’s quite a boring job. I shred old paper, old records that aren’t needed anymore, and a lot of old junk. Then, when it comes to emptying the old office which is literally a home to them for 20 years, I’m the one who has to convince them to throw out junk. Their office ladies that they hired would tell them what to throw out, but considering my parents are their bosses, I think my parents would frown down upon that. Because I am the daughter, I can freely express my frustration on my mom’s irrelevant need to keep blank, old forms from 2004 and help them throw out unnecessary stuff.

Basically for  this week and the following I will be working in parent’s office. Then I leave, hang out with friends, sleep, and it’s work again. Sometimes though, we go out to eat. There’s this restaurant close by in Matteson, IL and I’ve been going there for a good 3 years after they rebuilt it. I just found out that there is now a Habachi grill!!! This is extremely exciting because it’s closer to home and the lunch prices for…

1. salad

2. soup

3. shrimp appetizer

4. meat(chicken), vegetables, and rice or noodles

is only TEN DOLLARS. Normally Habachi places charge $18 dollars for all of that +ice cream. I know for sure that this place is going to be a new hit for future dates with my boyfriend and I CAN NOT WAIT.

For those reading this don't know what I'm talking about, this is a habachi grill. IT's the table like grill where the chef cooks your food in front of you.

Lastly, we decided to see the dessert options and at first I thought the restaurant made a typo when they listed…

“Chocolate, Vanilla Mochi Ice cream. ” I thought they meant to put an ‘a’ instead of an ‘i’ to spell out mocha ice cream. I asked them again what it was and it turns out mochi ice cream is a kind of asian ice cream where there’s rice flour ball with ice cream in the middle. It’s really good!

These are Chocolate and Coffee Mochi slices.

I thought that this was on of the most interesting desserts I have ever tried and I am definitely looking forward to trying more Mochi Ice cream again!