Reincarnation of John Belushi

January 21st, 2011 lanepo14

My boyfriend, John, and I decided to go on little Chicago adventures over winter break. We stopped by Greek Town and had food there. We stopped by Little Saigon and went to the oriental mart there/ nail supply store (I was able to find $4 O.P.I. Nail polish there!). We also stopped by China Town and ate at a restaurant there. The last place we decided to eat at was Ed Debevic’s.

I’m not sure if there’s a restaurant of this type in Massachusetts, but there’s certainly one in Chicago. “What’s so special about this restaurant?” might you ask. This restaurant is built on its fame of rude waiters. They have normal food but it’s their service that makes them so unique.

Walking into this restaurant, you can see the old signs from the 50’s/ 60’s. They had bright red booths and a counter table to sit at. Best of all we had the greatest waiter of them all who looked like the exact replica, maybe even more “bumish-looking”, version of John Belushi’s John Blutarsky in the collegiate related movie “Animal House”.

http://blog.newsok.com/bamsblog/files/2010/11/john-belushi.jpg

Famous quotes from our John Belushi, look-alike, waiter.

1. “What do you two love birds want?”
  2. After just ordering water to drink, “Oh I see… tight budget eh? I’m on one too!”
  3. While delivering our drinks, “Ugh… You two are gross! GET A ROOM.”
  4. After asking him for another straw due him throwing the straws on our table and one falling between the wedge of the booth and wall, “WHAT?!?! You know that’s why they have a wrapper on it. GO PICK UP!”
  5. After I ordering a half slab of ribs, “Well… that wasn’t lady like.”
  6. While eating my ribs he decides to grab a plastic bag and wrap the bag around my neck as a bib, “Here’s one for the baby!”
  7. After dinner, “Do you want dessert or the bill?”
  8. After deciding on the bill, “Too much to eat, baby back ribs?”
  9. While John and I are splitting the bill, “Oh no… come on, man. Don’t let her pay for the bill! Better yet, take full advantage of her generosity before you’re married into a slavery.”
  10. Before leaving, “Thanks for the money… NOW GET OUT!”

Ed Debevic's

My bib.

My un-lady like meal.